• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[CHOICE} Which system would you want? (obvious i think)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Hey all

Okay here @ work my main work computer is a Dell 8250 specs are

• p4 2.4b (533)
  • 1g PC1066 rambus
  • 80g hd
  • My TI4600 ultra 128mb card
  • Santa Cruz sound card

Now - our accountants computer is screwing up - seems once she touches it is screws up!

her specs are

• p4 2.4a
  • Asus P4S8X-X
  • 512 pc2700
  • 40g HD
  • Radeon 7500

Now, the answer is obvious but i want to double check for some weird reason..

I have to reformat her computer tonight and she complains of all these problems so i am thinking okay fine - I will give her my Dell system, change my ti4600 with the MX and switch the hard ddrives as well.

now, the other bonus, once i get a retention bracket is i got an Abit Bh7 mobo lying around and i figure i will just use that later :)

So - think it is a good idea to give her my dell, when done the specs would be for the dell

• p4 2.4b
  • 1g rambus pc10666
  • 40g HD
  • Santa Cruz soud card
  • radeon 7000

And i would then have this system

• Asus P4S8X-X (soon switched to an abit BH7)
  • P4 2.4a - that i know can O/C top possibly 3.2 on the abit
  • 512 pc2700
  • ti 4600 ultra
  • 80g HD

LOL - now that i read over this of course i should change them..LOL - but the dell case is so purdy! :p

Id switch , you will lose 512 of ram. but 512 sticks of PC-2700 is getting cheaper all the time. and being able to clock it makes it alot better. the one at 3.2Ghz will smoke the Dell at 2.4Ghz

^^^ yup my thought - figure i will O/C it once i hit a roof, try my pc3200 in the sysetm and if i go higher go buy a gig of pc3200.

^^ thas good - to bad newegg wont deliver international!! - will have to hit up directron or pcsupplysource, see what they offer.

Back