• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP home problem I can't log on in any way shape or form

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I wonder if someone could help me with this. I am working on someones computer and came across a problem that I have never seen before. It is also the first problem in a while that I have not been able to fix on my own :( I fear I am losing my computer skills. Anyway, I click the user name, or hit enter when I used safe mode, and it says all the stuff that it usually says about loading your personal junk, blah blah, and then without any message at all, and without even making it to the desktop, it says logging off. I then find myself back at the welcome screen. I have searched all over google and found nothing. The system also had the W32.Beagle.M@mm virus but it is gone now, or at least all traces that Norton anti virus found are gone. I also ran symantec's W32.Beagle virus remover, and it found a couple more instances and deleted them. Anyway, I don't know what to do now, I have tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. If someone could, please help me out. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I am going to video tape it, and post the movie in a little bit so you all can see exactly what it is doing.

you might have to just re install windows period. when you removed the virus it probably removed something else with it that is part of logging in windows...but you said you tried to boot in safe mode????? you would want to click on the Administrator one not the user one if booting in safemode

doesn't matter who I log on as, it won't work. :( I have done a repair install but it didn't fix the problem. Btw here is the link to the movie, I don't know if it will work or not because I had to use my own PC as a server

TV=:D

Last edited:
No, no, no, no, I know what you meant. I was just saying that I had already done a repair install. That's all, I was NOT saying that I tried that thinking that's what you were saying. Ouch my head hurts :beer:

TV, I don't know what I would do without it, it doesn't give me errors, it doesn't talk back, it just shows me the great comedy shows of adult swim and that makes me happy :)

Last edited:
Back