• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7-Max3 and Thermalright Heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electron Chaser

Senior Delta Fanatic
Just an FYI you cannot mount an SP-94 and an NB-1 northbridge HS together on the motherboard. I knew it would be a close fit and it is about 3/8 of an inch off. I wanted to keep the board all thermalright. OH well.
It would probably fit is I was to mill of the corner or mount the HS or rotate it with the Heatpipes pointing down which is not recommended so basically I have really nice paperweight with a fan on it. :(

Try installing the NB-1 first then mount the SP-94 after....Either what orientation you use for the SP94 it would still give you low temps...2-4C difference is not a big deal......

If that doesnt work just keep the stock NB on your max 3 i think it's efficient enough unless your clocking it over 250FSB.....

Goodluck,
Vflux

Also when I cleaned my SP94 the other to my P4C800-E mobo i just put a decent drop of AS5 on the center of my cpu, i didnt bother spreading it then mounted my SP94 on.....The temps are the same but somewhat lower.........

goodluck

I don't know what you might have done differently, but I have an SP-94 and NB-1 on my IC7-Max3. The NB-1 fan clip just touches the SP-94. No misallignment, no tweaking necessary. Be careful when condoning or condemning a hardware combination - my rig is proof that they work together.

BTW, I mount the SP-94 first. Then, with the fan already secured to the NB-1, mount the NB-1 by securing the retention clips closest to the SP-94 first, then the other two. Good luck and enjoy.

Back