• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Athlon XP-M; 2500+ VS 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T20

OC Results at the bottom ;p

Hi guys,

I am looking to max out my A7N8X. Currently My AGOYA-Y XP1600+ is @ 1.8Ghz. Having looked at XP-M's most of them fall in between 2.3Ghz and 2.7Ghz.

I'd like to hit ~2.5Ghz on air with minimal fan noise. Both chips are quite capable of this feat. However, the 2600+ would cost me almost an extra 50 bones CAD with the taxes incloded. Seeing as how I am cheap, whatcha guys think? ;p

Last edited:
just bought a mobile 2500 w/stepping IQYHA 0351MPMW yesterday from bigfoot computers in TO. i believe they ship all across canada. i was expecting to get the stepping that is on their website but they gave me one of these badboys. been up to 2.7 in windows already but i'm tryin for stability at lowest vcore right now. plus my temps were 10C higher at same settings as my last 2500 mobile so i think i gotta reseat.

www.bigfootcomputers.com

same stepping, 2600+ version rocks.
it's more about the steppings than the model #.
Definitely look for the stepping starts with "I"
then "Q"
third alphabet should be as later alphabets as possible, "Y" or "Z"
after the manufacture date, look for MPMW

defenately go for an IQYHA 2500... see my sig ;)

what temps do you get on air with your old chip? as long as you keep the full load temps at 47C or under, you will be fine for the most part.

I picked up a 2600M for my current pc and the 2500M I had before beats it by a bunch. This one takes 1.7V to to 2.4 while the other did it at 1.6V. Not sure if its just these but I'd say go for the 2500.

been priming for 12 hours now at 2.4 and 1.65v. my old chip needed 1.85. my temp is only 4C cooler than my old chip at this speed. i would have expected lower than that. right now i'm at 47C.

don't worry these chips can handle up to 54c. i used to have mine running hot at 54 primed and stable untill i got my ac fixed. but as long as you got the iqyha stepping you should be fine.

Bought the 2500+ IQYHA
amd.jpg

Time to heat things up :D

Will keep ya updated tonite ;p

nocturnal714 said:
don't worry these chips can handle up to 54c. i used to have mine running hot at 54 primed and stable untill i got my ac fixed. but as long as you got the iqyha stepping you should be fine.

up to 54? I highly doubt that. My guess is ~70 at least.

My 800mhz was at 76C for about 3 years (passively cooled baby), then I sold it to some one. Betcha it still works.

My current XP1600+ is @ 1.8Ghz, with my Thermaltake fan @ about 900 rpm to keep noise down. Tems are 54C at idle, 69 using CPU burn. Been like this for over 2 years now ;p

Nothing wrong with using your PC as heating equipment. :D :beer:

they are usually the aqyha steppings. just to let you know, i didn't really have good luck with that particular chip or any aqyha steppings to be exact. but who knows, you might have some good luck. if not, my suggestion is get the 2600 iqyha stepping. you won't regret that stepping

t20 thats great, these chips are soldiers and can hold their own under high temps. i totally understand when most people get concerned with high temps because they want to prolong the cpu life but really, i seriously doubt that any of us will keep the same chip for 10 years.

yeah i agree maybe a year at most...maybe 2...but past that and we feel "old" lol using that old tech trying to hang with the new like MNAY of us r doing lol.

Well, here are the results as promised:

amd1.jpg

I got just what I wanted :D
Vcore @ 1.7V, fan @ 1900 RPM.

Fantastic chip, all that I can say.

One thing though, This chip can go higher, but my retarded mobo is holding me back. It cannot keep a stable clock north of 170FSB, also for some reason my 15.5 multi does not work, yet 16 works. 16.5 doesnt. 17 Does. Rofl.
16x166 it boots up, but CPUBurn Crashes it, even at 1.825V.

If bored, I will play around with this chip sometime, but for now, this is just perfect.

you finding that your chip runs hot? at equal voltage and clock speed to my old mobile this chip runs about 5-10C hotter. even after reseating.

cujo said:
you finding that your chip runs hot? at equal voltage and clock speed to my old mobile this chip runs about 5-10C hotter. even after reseating.

Huh? It is OC'ed by 700Mhz from stock, and is at the lowest fan setting of 1900rpm.

If your old chip ran at 31C while aircooled, with the fan virtually off, and was OC'ed by 700Mhz, then that was one fine piece of silicon ;p

talking about my old mobile compared to my new one. not talkin about yours. i used to have a aqyha 0410tpmw that did 2.4 at 1.85. if i put my new chip at 2.4 and 1.85 the load temp is about 60 compared to the old load of 51.

Well, not all silicon is equal bro ;(

Btw, 1.85V for 2.4Ghz? isnt it an overkill? Did you try the very same with 1.7V/1.725V ?

You should be just fine with that, and your temps will defenatelly be lower if you lower your voltage by a whole volt.

Back