• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FTP Server Problem/Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blueboy1986

I set up a FTP server. The thing is that i cant connect to it. Am useing BulletProof FTP. Am useing a D-link 604 router. I have the following ports open, 20 and 21. And i setup the router so that the incomeing connection gets forwarded to the right computer on my network.

I tried everything to connect to it and i cant. Well it connects but then doesnt load the folders. My log says that i connected to it succesfully, but thats about it. Is there any other ports that i should have open too?

Your issue is with the feature "PASV" (aka Passive) connections.

With FTP, there is two connection methods, PORT, and PASV.

In PORT mode, it will only work if the the client is not behind NAT. It uses port 21, and 20 for data.

For PASV, it uses 21, and one or more ports in the 1024+ range. Check your configuration to see what port range it is using for PASV, and have your firewall forward them.

Back