• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Cusl 2 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I have this mobo at home right now from a friend, and I'd like to know a little about it,

What about in respect to overclocking, I tryed but got the system file corrupted and I don't want to go that road again, I've seen people going all the way up to 1ghz and I did too but didn't want to boot because unlike my amd I don't think the their is a pci/agp lock

Avg said:
What about in respect to overclocking, I tryed but got the system file corrupted and I don't want to go that road again, I've seen people going all the way up to 1ghz and I did too but didn't want to boot because unlike my amd I don't think the their is a pci/agp lock

It's a solid overclocker, but there isn't any AGP/PCI lock as you guessed. I've taken it to 166Mhz, but that's difficult. I'd say that a 20Mhz FSB overclock is a solid expectation. How much that is on the CPU depends on your model (multiplier, base FSB).
Disk corruption is often an indication of a drive not taking the PCI speed, better stay below that point for your next attempt.

It has a PIII 800mhzEB and I pushed it to 860 to be safe but that was the setting that caused the corruption.

Avg said:
It has a PIII 800mhzEB and I pushed it to 860 to be safe but that was the setting that caused the corruption.

I see, that's not very high then. A pity, I was able to get my 800EB at 1Ghz clean for a good while. Since I retired the machine to act as a backup rig I've clocked it down to 900-something.

I did use the x86 tweaked BIOS by the way, but I'd imagine it would only make things worse as it tightens timings further than the stock BIOS does. It's also only effective over 139Mhz FSB.

Back