• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turn off RAID option?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tareon

Hey all,

I've got a question regarding my A7N8X-E mobo. During boot up, the screen that asks you to press Ctrl+S or F4 to enter RAID utility (or something like that).. is there anyway of disabling that screen? I'm not going to be using a RAID set up anytime soon, so it just wastes (a little) time booting up. Thanks.. much appreciated!

Tareon
---------------------------------------
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton)
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe (Rev 2.0)
1x512mb Infineon PC3200 RAM
64mb GeForce3 Ti-200
120gb Western Digital Caviar SE
LG 52/32/52x CD-RW
LG 8x DVD-ROM
Thermaltake SilentBoost K7

I dont have the same board, but by default the RAID is enable by a jumper near the battery. If you have the manual, locate the RAID jumper and disable it.

Hey,

I found the jumper setting to disable it on the mobo. My only question now is, if I disable it via jumper, will that just disable the hardware and still show the RAID/SATA selection screen during boot up? Thanks.

there is a option in the Bios to disable that and it increases boot time, so just look through the bios asking for raid 0 and disable it, i have a p4p800 dlx

No it doesn't. The A7N8X-E has the SiL3112A chip for Serial ATA. The only way to disable it is with a jumper. The board does not have SATA integrated into the MCP-T, unlike the ICH5/R on the P4P800.

Back