• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fingerprint Sensor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminat.

I am looking to get a biometric fingerprint sensor for my computer. However all of them seem to be USB. Aren’t there any ones that fit into 3.5” bays?

Thanks for your help!

Well, you could get a USB one, and a USB add on card that has one of those internal USB ports, then mod your case so the scanner is on a 3.5 bay.

"Excuse my ignorance, but what does one do with one of these?". Its a security device. The first time you use it you place your finger onto the pad and it will learn your fingerprint make up. Anytime afterwards you may set it to say..not open a certain document, turn on or shut down without your permission..you would need to place your finger on the pad to do so. It would not work if some random person walked by and put their finger on the pad..it has to be yours. Its a nice security device but it can be broken into rather easily. I hope this helps with your question. Also I saw a 3 1/2 inch version while searching yahoo shopping a few weeks ago. you may want to take a look at the yahoo shopping section.

There seams to be a variety of integrated mouse fingerprint scanners. Thought of that option, I am not seeing anything in a drive bay flavor.

If you find it though, I would be interested for a security system I am building at work.

Back