• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lagging in KOTOR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

I picked up Kotor 2 weeks ago for 20 bucks, and have been playing it on and off. The problem is im getting graphics lag when I go outside into big areas.

My rig:
2.6 P4C 800fsb
Gig of ram, 10krpm raptor
radeon 9800 (non pro)

I have had problems with this card so many times im about ready to give up on it thinking that its the problem. But I wanna ask you guys if you had this problem before, I have patched the game and I am still concidering getting a no cd hack to see if its the game trying to get info from the CD causing the lag.

Really ticks me off cause my rig has always been solid, its just the freaking abit board and my graphics card are now complete uber crap.

Could just be that KOTOR is a very buggy game, which it is. For some reason, it won't even run on my Athlon XP rig. :rolleyes:

It isn't a buggy game, it runs fine on my 2.4b ghz, 1 gig of ram, and 9800pro. I even used to have an Nvidia mx420 in this rig and I still only saw a little bit of lag in wide open areas. Don't know what to tell ya, once I popped in the new vid card it ran great, I can max out the settings and still get no lag.

Ill format my drive soon as I get a new mobo. Its possible that its this pos abit ic7, friend of mine got rid of his ic7 a while back and said his pc ran much better.

CamH said:
Could just be that KOTOR is a very buggy game, which it is. For some reason, it won't even run on my Athlon XP rig. :rolleyes:

I've never ran into any bugs in the game at all, and I've played throguh (and installed it) 3 times now, hehe

KOTOR is one of the most polished games I have ever seen. I never encountered a single bug. It did run a little slow in open areas for me too, but I expected that from my hard ware. I actually stopped playing because I want to wait for my x800 pro so I can fully enjoy the game.

Yeah, it's funny. It ran fine on my laptop (Pentium 4, Radeon Mobility 9000) but it completely locks up after a few seconds on my Athlon XP rig (Overclocked 2500+, 9800NP), while any other game runs fine. There were a lot of complaints on the KOTOR forums that the game would not run.

Weird stuff.

Back