• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm what to upgrade next...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Well i am gonna start saving my pennies again to perform another upgrade to my computer.

I just upgraded my HD from a 5400rpm 20gig to a 36gig raptor HD from Western digital. Also got a great deal on a ti4800 128mb for around $50 w/shipping, that was a huge boost over my PCI 64mb MX 420 lol.

I was thinking of going with water cooling so i can OC my CPU more, but what other options are out there under $400 that can give a significant boost to performance? I like to play 3D games alot, but i am not a hard core gamer...

My set up is in my sig.

Well more memory would boast your performance aswell.Since you are gamer. you may benefit from an upgraded GPU. Say 256mb. The 256mb would come in hand for the next wave of games to come out this fall.

He wants more of a performance gain. Going through a raid setup wont give much performance gain. It will slightly but not as much as say a faster CPU, GPU, more RAM etc.

Back