• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 3.0C -Need Comments

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jpm804

Been awhile since I posted here..last time I posted here I was posting the results of my AMD XP mobile 2600+... After that I wanted to start on a P4 overclock project.

After trying to decide which P4 to get..i ended up going with the P4 3.0C.. I figured at worst if it didnt overclock well at least is was 3.0Ghz :)

So finally had some time today to do some testing and I was surprised by the results. Was able to hit 3.4 with stock voltage of 1.48v and then took it up more to 3.6 at 1.52 and then hit 3.7 at 1.55v. Ran Prime95 for a couple of hours and was stable..

Here are some the benchamrks I ran:

cpuz.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

Now I'm curious to see if i can take this chip to 4Ghz, but i wont probably try that til i get a water cooling system in this unit. Not sure if the aircooling would be enough.

Any comments on fine tunning this processor??? Seems like my memory scores might be low, not sure... I want to get every point out of it at its current speed.

nice overclock. what are the temps like at 3.7? is it a 30cap or 12cap? I'm planning on getting a 3.0C and am hoping for 257FSB so I can run it 1:1 with my OCZ 3700 memory :D nice job though, thats a pretty good overclock. 4ghz at 1.65v maybe with watercooling, but I personally would just leave it at 3.7-3.8 if the temps are decent. of course bench some 4ghz if it will do it for fun, but for 24/7 system, 3.8 is tons.

run some 3d benchmarks with the system at 3.75 and the 9800 pro, just state what speed the 9800 is at.

the memory bandwith seems alittle low though. with 5:4 ratio I got 6000 with OCZ 3700 Gold at under rated DDR440. with PC4000 memory 1:1 you would think 6000 and change would be normal.

Last edited:
Not sure how many caps....forgot to check before i installed it. The temps are 42C idle to 56C load , the temps are high since the the fans in my case are vantec stealths (4 exhaust , 2 intake). I wanted the system to be quiet, but I might have to change them since it doesn't seem to be exhausting enough hot air out of my system.

Doing some research on a good water setup for the future, so maybe this chip might one day see 4Ghz...Been reading some other post and people have been getting about the same results with my steeping SL6WK..

If you get a 3.0C...i dont think you will be disappointed. I got my 3.0c at monarchcomputersystems.com for $203 no tax, free s/h, retail box. That would go well with your OCZ3700 :)

ive got a 3.0c @ 3.75 stable with junk ram right now. I am very happy with this chip. Once i get some real good ram i am hoping to push to around the 4 gig mark with a 1:1 ration instead of my current 5:4. All air cooling. :attn:

I just bought the same CPU from newegg. I'm burning it in right now with prime. How high could you run the FSB before you had to bump the Vcore?

Here is a picture of mine
sl6wk.jpg

you can run these things fairly high with pretty low vcores. just takes some experimenting to get the right figures. right now mines at 1.625. might be able to go 1.6 but i like the extra for comfort. I never really tried pushing very far with the stock voltage, i just figured alittle extra wont hurt it to much. :cool:

FACTION95Si.....I could get it to 3.4ghz with stock voltage, had to increase it to get to 3.6ghz with a bump of voltage of 1.52v, would boot into windows at 3.7ghz , could run benchamarks like sandra,3dmark01 and 3dmark03 , but not prime stable.

A little more voltage and it was prime stable....hopefully it can do more but not with my aircooling. Post some benchmarks of yours also, i'd like to compare results.

Back