• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to break 3.26mhz, need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itizme

Rig in sig

When I push past 1000fsb I cannot boot without a reboot before windows has finished booting, looking for solutions and tricks.

Any ideas or experiences??

FYI
ram in use is Hynix D43's at 1:1 with 2.5,4,4,5 timings

This is probably going to be a little hard to believe, but several of us had 2.6C's at one time, and about 90% of them seemed to hit the wall at 3.25GHz. It was quite strange actually. Great temps, low volts, and totally stable at 250fsb, but raise it to 255fsb and nothing but problems.

But you might try relaxing the memory timings, increasing voltage - all probably things you have already considered.

mattspalace said:
This is probably going to be a little hard to believe, but several of us had 2.6C's at one time, and about 90% of them seemed to hit the wall at 3.25GHz. It was quite strange actually. Great temps, low volts, and totally stable at 250fsb, but raise it to 255fsb and nothing but problems.

But you might try relaxing the memory timings, increasing voltage - all probably things you have already considered.

to what voltage range??

Probably safe to try all the way up to 1.7v to the CPU - although I get a little concerned going over 1.675. I'm guessing you have the memory voltage at 2.8v: I think that's the max for the P4C800DX, but I could be mistaken..
If all else fails, try a 5:4 ratio and make sure it's your CPU hitting the wall and not your memory.

We have the same setup just in case you'd like to try mine: I'm currently folding and browsing with these settings. [email protected] HT Enabled SL6WH Malay Hynix 8J-D43 PC3200

Configure DRAM By SPD: 2.5-3-3-6 Burst length 8
Performance Mode: Enabled
AUTO
AUTO

254FSB
320 5:4
66/33
Vcore: 1.77 Actual Load 1.63-1.65V
Vdimm: 2.75V
AGP Vddq: 1.6V
Turbo: Auto

wish I vcould read my ram chips, cant fine the piece of paper I wrote them on and have heat spreaders attatched with thermal tape and clips, grrrrrrrr
I am running manual controll on the ram, but am going to do a serial presence high fsb test, thanks dor the idea Vflux

I had the same problem, my 2.6C would only do 3.25 stable @ 1.6v. I just recently dropped my OC down so I could run 1:1 with my ram. I currently am running 3.0Ghz @ 231FSB with my ram 1:1. Like Mattspalace said, many 2.6C's wont go over 3.25Ghz. This problem has been mentioned many times.

Well, I am now going to say that I AM maxed at 250FSB with my ram at 1:1 timed at 2.5,4,4,5

I just hate it when the wall comes up but I thank everyone for the help in my efforts to get my benches a lil higher
:beer:
Steve

I think my RAM has the D43's on it...not sure cause of the heat spreaders. Anyway, it passed Prime95 all the way up to 263 FSB 1:1. I now have the FSB higher, so I'm running 5:4. Might be that 2.6 holding you back.

I've gone through two 2.6 C's and none of them like 250+ FSB no matter what kind of ram/ratios used.

A friend of mine only got 3.3 out of his 2.6, then ditched it for an sl6z3.

You might want to try flashing your bios to 1014 and use the Intel INF Driver at Asus's website you'll be surpised how you can get it up more stable at 254FSB....If you got some generic ram like mine just used 5:4 with tight timings it is a bit faster than 1:1 in my games and benchmarks..........I also tried Bios 1011 but it's very buggy.....

Make sure you disable these settings:
Spread Spectrum
CPUID Lmit
Legacy USB Support
Serial and Parallel port mostly all the settings you dont use....
Thermal ???? Disabled this if you have good cooling

just keep us posted on your situation....

peace,
vflux

Roger
will try some of that tonight. I think its worth it to see if it will go or fry but I just have had no luck either way
:beer:

I just have to update you with this one.....Bios 1016 and Intel Latest Inf Driver Could not run past 1hour of Prime95 Small FFT's at Priority 10 at 3.3Ghz 254FSB and needs 1.8Vcore in bios to run it stable actual load at 1.7V....Mostly BSOD's with these settings....which is very frustrating to troubleshoot....

Now check this out Bios 1014 and the Intel INF Driver from asus website running the same settings continously runs Prime95 without a hitch at 1.75Vcore Bios Max Load at 1.65V...I noticed on this bios while i was playing with it earlier that if the system is unstable it just reboots itself rather than BSOD itself...gives me the chance to change my bios settings without having to restore them to defaults and start from the beginning...

Im also trying to avoid pumping that much Vcore to my rig but I'm certainly happy with these settings of 1.65V Actual load at 3.3Ghz........

Peace,
Vflux :cool:

Back