• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refurb Sparkle FSP530-60GNA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alchemy1 said:
did you ever find out what was wrong with that PSU jlin?

I honestly still don't know. I just know that sometimes when my computer is off and I want it on, i have to press the power button a couple of times before it comes on. That's the only problem I've encountered. Other than that my rails are solid via multimeter.

I bought that sparkle PSU. I am a fortron/sparkle nut, and I figured it had the watts/amps to last me for a bit, since my old one was no longer cutting it at 350watts.

Problem is, its rails are very, very low. Disconnected from the computer, I am reading its rails with a multi at

3v exactly on the 3.3,
juuust barely over 11v on the 12v,
and 5.22 on the 5 volt.

I have the cover off right now and have access to the pots, I am on the forums seeing if I can get an idea of which pot controls what. I found the 12v pot, or one of them anyway, but cranking it all the way gets about 11.30v. ANd this is with no load whatsoever of course.

It was so bad I could not run my ram at 3.3 volt, and my video card was totally freaking out to the point that I thought I had killed my 9800.

If I read that right, you adjusted your rails without any load on them. This is a very bad thing to do. You should ONLY adjust the rails while they're loaded to the most they'll ever be loaded. PSU's will also put out crap voltages unless they have a minimum load on all their rails.

Mr.Radar said:
If I read that right, you adjusted your rails without any load on them. This is a very bad thing to do. You should ONLY adjust the rails while they're loaded to the most they'll ever be loaded. PSU's will also put out crap voltages unless they have a minimum load on all their rails.

EXACTLY! :thup:

J.

Disconnected from the computer, I am reading its rails with a multi at

3v exactly on the 3.3,
juuust barely over 11v on the 12v,
and 5.22 on the 5 volt.

I wouldn't adjust a 530W PSU without a load of at least 5-8 amps each on the +3.3V and +5.0V rails and at least 3A on the +12V because I had a 300W that required at least 3-5A from the +5.0V and a few amps from the +3.3V before its +12V rail would put out enough voltage to make the HD spin.

Before ever adjusting pots, take a permanent marker and mark the original settings, just in case you get into trouble and need to restore the original configuration.

Back