• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

hi all i have had my danger den watercooling setup for about 2 weeks now and all is good, but i wanted to ask right now i have a room temp of 69F a 29C case temp idle of 37C and i just ran 3D marks 2001 with 4x4 antialiasing, and my load temp afer running that that was 41C, i am running a p4 1.7ghz non-overclocked and was wondering if those temps where good or ok or if i need to do some fixing? i want to overclock it eventually to 2 ghz but dont know how hot i should let it get, how warm is a cool temp to keep it at while over clocked? any help or comments is greatly appreciated.

41 C doesn't seem too bad at all for 1.7ghz load temp, I don't know much about P4 temps though. What was you average idle and load temps before you water cooled it? Also, what does your water rig consist of? My guess is it's gonna heat up alot once you push it to 2ghz so if you post some more details about your system (particularly water setup and fan set up) we can give you better feedback, and maybe some suggestions on how to keep your temps lower when you OC it.

well my setup consists of:
mazeP4 water block
danger den cube raidiator
eheim 1250 water pump
and a 120mm fan is blowing through the radiator and out the case.that is baseically my system, i dont have any arctic silver II on there i still need to order it. i just have the stuff i bought at fry's.

That sounds like a cool setup (not that I know that much about water rigs yet). Are you using any thermal paste at all? If not then get some ASII, that alone could bring you down below 40 C.
You could also try lapping your water block. Another thing to try (if you haven't) is to have the 120mm fan pull the air through the radiator instead if pushing it through. That's all the ideas I have for now, someone else may have some more for you.

Back