• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Views on my Thermalright SK6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rossyl

Hi,

I've got a copper Thermalright SK6.

It keeps the XP1800 (clocked to XP2000) at 46C normal, and 54C (varies from 54-56C)

Is this ok? It has an Akasa 60mm fan on it. Would changing the fan result in a temp decrease?

Ross

this should of went in the cooling section.

But anyway i agree with The O.C get a bigger fan with a higher CFM and your temps will improve alittle

I am running my xp 1700+ @ 2.4 Ghz, 1.95V. 28C idle temps on my sk6 with a 80mm fan, 34C full load.

running on a7n8x deluxe rev 2 using volt mod.

i had a sk6 on a 1700+ A for about a year and a half and i had similar temps, an 80mm fan wont do you much good on that little sync becausethe dead spot on the fan is nearly as big as the sk6 (unless of course you devise a shroud for it). I bought a slk 700 and an alx 800 both for 20 bucks (watch the cyberdeals, currently i think theres a decent sync for 19.99) and the alx 800 brought me down around 11 degrees

The SK6 was the king of it's time, the 1.4TBird era. Use an 80mm fan with a shroud it will yeild lower temps. I used a Thermaltake 60mm fan and it kept my 1800AXP palo core at 1.6x ghz at 50 full load.

Back