• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FAHCore4 keeps crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feyd83

I finally got my third computer setup with a copy of Windows Server 2003 that I had lying around from school. As long as I don't open the folding client from my system tray it's ok, if I do open it it crashes. Any ideas? I'm running Server 2003 on an MSI KT3 Ultra, 2400+, 512mb of generic PC2100, ATI 7000

Try setting it up as a service using Wedo's latest One-Click installer. I've found it more stable running as a service.

Don't forget to edit your name into the .cfg file using only Notepad prior to installing or Wedo will get the points LOL.

Deffinately dont forget to edit it, I went 2 days with nothing showing from one of my installs, finally figured out I forgot to change it on that machine. Wedo got 2 days points from it :bang head
The work got done even if someone else got the credit, so thats all that matters, the work getting done. :)

Audio - I just busted up laughing reading your signature, I have one of those sled pulling dogs and he is very intelligent but I had this picture of 8 cats attempting to pull a full sled :D
Thanks for the laugh.

I like cats and my dog loves cats (not as a snack food, thats rabbits) but they all run from him. I cant really blame them though, if somthing that could stick you in its entire mouth walked with its tounge hanging out, wouldnt you run also?

feyd83 said:
I finally got my third computer setup with a copy of Windows Server 2003 that I had lying around from school. As long as I don't open the folding client from my system tray it's ok, if I do open it it crashes. Any ideas? I'm running Server 2003 on an MSI KT3 Ultra, 2400+, 512mb of generic PC2100, ATI 7000

Stable with Prime95 or Memtest86? Are you overclocked? Try the Oneclick and see what happens.

No OC'ing on this one, haven't had time yet. However, I just ran into a problem, I just installed the Oneclick along with Audigy and ATI drivers, I'm having probs with my system freezing just after it checks my hdd's

Ok, finally got it to boot, now the folding client won't even start, it just give me a bunch of errors

In the folder (drive letter):\Program Files\FAH, do you have the client.cfg, FAH4Console.exe, srvany.exe and FahCore_78.exe present?

Also 'start\run\regedit' and look for this string value. Without it or the FAH4Console.exe & srvany.exe files in the FAH folder, the FAH won't run as a service.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\FAH

Back