• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

about the raid settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subzer0

in the setup they ask you what size each stripe should be [according to the manual] so can anybody recommend me the size of each stripe for raid 0
thanks

A 64K stripe has always worked the best for me. You didn't mention which OS you're using, but if it's 98 or Me, I would go with the default. I've tried different stripe sizes up to 512K (recommended for Win2K), and found 64K to be the sweet spot as far as ATTO and HD Tach benchmarks are concerned.

When you format the stripe, I would recommend doing it like this...format c: /Z:64
The "/Z:64" switch sets the cluster size to 32K across the stripe. You can also use PM6.0 to format the partition, the benefit being that it takes a lot less time than using the "format" command.

This site has some good info on setting up a RAID array on a KK266-R, the difference being ...he prefers a 32K stripe.

http://people.mw.mediaone.net/hobbesk/index.htm

Last edited:
thankyou, well actualy i am using 98se, i was hoping to make a dual boot if it will work in raid so what do you think?
thanks again for the reply

Back