• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19286 2k1 marks :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neil.b

Registered
woohoo, i just got my best score ever :)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7873543

considering some of the components i have are pretty crappy im very pleased :D

my system:

p4 3.2ghz @ 3.489
1 gb of cheapo pc2700 ram
some crappy main board from a pc world pre built comp( its actually an msi 6743 board but has been flashed with a crappy bios and now thinks it was made by trigem computer :( )
saphire 9800pro 128mb (r360 core flashed to xt with hynix ram)

Very nice, now keep going. ;) I bet you could break 20k by using Cat 3.5 instead of 4.5. Also, loop the Car Low test several times; 267fps looks a little low for that sort of a system.

i tried to install the 3.5 cats from the ati web site but with no joy, it kept giving me an error message, something like 'try installing other drivers first' or something like that, i will go check now but i have to boot up my other install of windows, brb

Do you have that DDR overclocked? If you had faster RAM you could probably get a higher overclock which should give you a higher score.

i set the ram to run at ddr400 frequincy's and my fsb is at 217(x4) so i think it is overclocked a fair bit :confused:

well, i have been doing a bit more tweaking and i have managed 19640 :)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880320

just been and ordered my variable resistors for the volt mods so i will be well over the 20k barrier very soon, then as soon as i get my new mobo and ram i will be aiming for 22k

What speeds is your 9800 at? I think you could get about 10 fps more out of car low, if you run it several times. Dragothic looks sort of low. Do you have all the sliders set to "performance" in the Direct3d tab? And is your AGP Aperture at 64mb? I think you've got a 20.5k rig as it is.

the card was at about 450 core and 375 mem, the agp aperture was set to 64mb and i think all the sliders were across

Back