• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best settings for CORSAR 400 MHx dual RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plasmar

Registered
i have 2 512 MB of CORSAR 400 Mhz Ram and ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard. can someone give me the best settings for this using the MB that i have. i've tried different settings in the bios but the comp locks up, however, i have to admit that i'm very new to OC'ing so im not sure what i need to change.

thx

You need to be more specific on the ram, for example i have 2x256 mc of cosair 400mhz ram, but its Corsair TwinX XMS Platinum Rev1.1 -- just read the stuff of the side of the heatspreader.

If you have the same as me, i find that for best FSBs it likes 2-8-4-4, but doesn't provide much improvements over 2-5-3-2, with 2-5-2-2 the best it can do. Try increasing the voltage, but before you go over 2.65v tell us what you got, just incase.

~t0m

okay, here are a few more details:

CORSAR 64X64 DDRAM512MB 400Mhz

other specs are

Manufacturer: Corsair
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2.5
Support Voltage: 2.5V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit

The other thing i'm confused on is when i start the computer, it states "dual channel mode- 200Mhz"

now, is this is suppose to be 200 Mhz b/c it's dual channel, or should this be 400?

Back