• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omg Firebird Is The Best

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GlitchOfDoom

I swear I had to reinstall windows xp 3 times because of spyware and resideing spyware after running adaware. when I installed firebird spyware went byebye. I guess its because they dont make firebird supported spyware lol. Oh and thouse popups, GOODBYE!

Lan_Of_Malkier said:
It should if you install Java-suite and Flashplayer 7. I never have a problem except Microsuck Update site, and who wants to go there.

,,,,,,,,,,,so you don't get exploited/infected by sasser, gaobot, blaster etc.
,,,,,,,,,,,to make sure your OS is patched and you don't become a bot for viruses to spread.

Nice comment. <not>

One may behind a router/firewall, but that doesn't protect you from best practice's
>not opening emails from those you don't know - even in preview mode
>using P2P software (many viruse's exploit windows vunerabilities and spread via KaZaa etc)
>using IRC (many viruse's exploit windows vunerabilities and spread via IRC etc)

Firefox is what I ment :), and If you have java and flashplayer installed you should see almost all sites, and the ones you dont see are the ones that most likely give you spyware ect.

Smartweb said:
If you turn on automatic updates you don't have to even go to windows update.

Yeah, but the less MS knows about my computer the better. I don't need them looking to see if I need updates, tyvm :)

I stopped using it because I need live updates on my fantasy sports teams. I dont know what java or whatever is needed but does anyone think I can get mozilla to work. Says mozilla isnt supported on the site with my teams :(.

Cerberus2k7 said:
I would use it, but it doesnt support a lot of the sites I visit.

Use the latest .9 of Firefox I've seen that the sites that previously did not work are working for me now

oc_byagi said:
why not mozilla??? I use mozilla, they're both developed by same organization right?

Kinda. Firefox is a very stripped-down Mozilla core. They took all the bloated code out of Mozilla, added some nifty features and BOOM! Firefox.

Griffeycom said:
Use the latest .9 of Firefox I've seen that the sites that previously did not work are working for me now

Where are you finding .9 at? Mozilla's site still only shows .8

Back