• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anands 939 review up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeerHunter

http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.html?i=2065

Well I just got done reading it. And nothing impressive, about 2% using dual channel. In fact considering the estimated prices of the 3500+ ($600) i'd say we're way better off getting a 3200+ now, forget waiting. Upgrading concerns? Don't 95% of us buy things as a package cpu/ram/mobo anyway to me this is a non-issue. Socket 754 now, wait a year, year-and -a-half and let the dust settle then buy a new system. Heck most of us have a $400-$500 video card purchase waiting in the immediate furture anyway which is a massive improvment over whatever card you have now. Certainly not going to blow $600 on a processor.

Last edited:
3500+ is consistently better than the 3400+ so justifies its rating. Price is on AMD site as USD 500 confirmed. That said I am still waiting until around October when Intel had released it 3.6 and 3.8 by then these prices will have dropped (not the FX however) and be much better value - hopefully PCI-E mobos will be out then too - I wont wait for DDR2.

At 500$ for the least expensive socket 939 processor, I don't see many overclockers becoming early adopters of this S939 stuff. With the excellent AMD mobiles and Intel northwoods floating around, there is pretty much no reason for anyone to buy a 939 & mobo for over 1000$

At those prices, and considering I'd have to upgrade my mb and ram to use those processors, I'm going to be waiting some time to upgrade. My barton 3000+ really has more than enough power for most of what I want to do with it. The performance isn't far enough beyond the XP to justify those prices imo.

I think you'd be better off with an XP duallie for most things anyways, and it would be cheaper too.

Back