• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low budget cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atigamerguy

OK heres the thing I have an athlon 2500+ oc to 2.22 on stock coolong im getting 42c idle and 50c full load. i was wondering what is the best heatsink that i can buy with a 40$ budget

Probably the Slk-947, it can be found for $20 at svc.com but normaly goes for about $40. You will have to get a fan too, a smartfan2 is good because at max speed it pushes a lot of air, and you can turn it down! Or you could get a tornado for all out performance, but they kill your ears. If you can afford it, the SP-97 is a bit better, but I personaly dont think its worth it.

Well if the smart fan is also a quiet fan then ill get heatsink and that fan because i hate noise and the stock fan is noisy

Well, the smartfan is noisy at max speed, but you can turn it down to fairly quiet if you please. Of course, you could also get a nice 92mm fan, they pust more air with less noise, but have a larger deadspot.

As long as it isnt too heavy. Remember, you can damage something if theres too much weight. I wouldnt worry though, my torin blower's center of gravity is farther out and it weighs just as much, so it should be fine.

one more question will they fit my mother board because i dont have the holes through the motherboard to bolt on heatsinks i only have the 3 hole clip thingy will it still fit

In that case get the SLK-900A, the SLK-800A, or the ALX-800. Any of them will work and they all attach via the clip method. Also, I found my old SFII to be loud unless it was turned all the way down, and then it didn't move much air. I replaced it with a Panaflo and I haven't regreted it. Panaflos are very quiet while still moving a lot of air.

Back