• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What size/kind of screws do I use for mounting motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I used to use screws with hex heads as well as the normal phillips head but they are too big for my new NF7-S. What size/type of screw is good to use for mounting my Abit NF7-S?

Screw size depends on the size of the threads in the mobo standoffs, usually M3x0.5 (metric) or #6-32 (US standard). I personally would not go over 6mm or .25in in length. Head configuration is entirely up to you. Most well-stocked hardware stores should have just about any size and type you want.

I've looked through nearly every computer part screw I have and I cannot find one thin enough to fit through these damn holes! Do I need to thread the screw through the mobo PCB????

blah, nevermind, I'm a wimp when it comes to handling components. The screws went through fine, I just had to thread a tiny bit through the PCB.

Back