• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Card Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionnt

Im looking to upgradeing my sound card soon and i was looking for some advice on waht to get. I have some Creative Inspire T5400 Speakers, and currenyly have a Sound Blaster Audigy X-Gamer sound Card.

What card would you guys recommend upgrading to? i primarily use my sound for playing games like CS, FarCry, Half-Life, BF1942, Etc...

I was looking into the Audigy2 ZS Gamer card, but im sure there is a better card out there. Dont want to pay more than $150 thought. Any Advice?

well the audigy series is the best gaming sound card available so your options are pretty limited.

you may think there must be others better out there because there are professional sound cards costing several thousand dollars, but the truth is they are not geared for gaming at all. there really isn't a big boom for 3d sound support. the best gaming sound cards are relatively cheap.

one of the audigy2 cards (i'm not up on all the iterations) is likely the best gaming card on the market, so if you really want to upgrade start saving your pennies and go for it.

Why do you want the gamer model over the normal Audigy2 ZS? The gamer just comes with a software bundle, unless you dont have those games it is a waste of money. The EAX4 will be nice with the games, I say go for it.

Also I think the soundblaster is your best bet for a gaming card as the other brands tend to hurt FPS since they dont have an onboard proc and instead they let the CPU work on the sound.

Good point about the gamer series, probably go with just the regualr Audigy2 ZS

Back