• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing OC stability, Prime?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

Hey all, I was just wondering what everyone uses to check if their system is stable, and how it works? I've heard a lot about prime95 and whatnot, but I know nothing about it. A link to it would be awsome too! Thanks! :beer:

Ok, im a little confused. I'm a real retard using this Prime95 thing, all i know is that somehow it stresses ur cpu and tells u if you're getting any errors. I just did test, Primenet. It says it will take about an hour and Test 1, 3100 Lucas-Lehmer....what am I looking for here?

ap673 said:
Ok, im a little confused. I'm a real retard using this Prime95 thing, all i know is that somehow it stresses ur cpu and tells u if you're getting any errors. I just did test, Primenet. It says it will take about an hour and Test 1, 3100 Lucas-Lehmer....what am I looking for here?

*fires up own copy*

Go Options > Torture Test and then select one of the radio buttons corresponding to a torture test. It will run lots of iterations continuously until stopped after you hit go. :thup:

Back