• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NWN players please come inside!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi guys... thing is I never got this with D&D rules :/ I played BG1 and I remember I found it very hard for me as a Paladin so I never finished it :/ I never had courage to start BG2...
Than NWN came... People talked and still do how easy it was and everything... Again I created paladin and never got past chapter 1... I got my a$$ handed to me by some pirates over and over and over again
On every lvl I used recommended in order to lvl.up
I had expensive weapons and armor, +protection rings and even ( I hated that ) adjusted difficulty to Easy
But still I got killed.

When I bought BG series I bought Planescape Torment as well as I heard it was "creme de la creme" of RPGs. Needless to say it still lies by my desk collectin' dust.

Now I think time has come to change all that!

So I'm thinking of reinstalling NWN + exp. packs again I'm thinking I can get into it being easy + good looking. I think I rolled wrong stats on my char last time so maybe with your help guys I can start all over again, right this time around. I'll be Pally and thats whats important. So any advice ? Do I still take recommended every lvl.up or do you guys have any advice on what to chose ?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

The best place for NWN advice is the official forums. They talk about character strategies all the time over there(http://nwn.bioware.com). Also remeber to download the CEP(Comunity Expansion Pack), its a free expansion pack made by the community.

Thanks for the advice mate! Will check out the boards =)
What about that CEP ? What does it do ? New quests or just items ?
Thank you for your time!

i don't know about the CEP, cuz I stopped playing it after i beat it once. if you still have the manuals that came with the game, you should be able to find out the advantages and disadvantages to the paladin. personally, i went with a fighter/ranger the first time around and after I started playing shadows, I switched to a ranger/wizard/arcane archer. When I started playing hordes, i was ????/red dragon disciple ( i can't remember what base class i started with). In the manual that i mentioned earlier, it tells you all about the different classes, so you can choose for yourself. the forums will also help. good luck and enjoy

Back