• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choosing a Radiator/Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moony349

Okay, I'm doing a lot of research for my wcing project, which will be going into an exterior case next to my Lian-Li V1000. I haven't chosen the exterior case yet, but something cheap that I can mod easily would be perfect. Right now, I need to pick out a radiator. I'm going to be using a BlueLine pump with 1/2'' tubing, the pump does 13.5' of head and 480gph. Which radiator should I use? I was thinking about the HE 120.3 from thermochill, but what are other options?

the 120.3 is way overpriced for the performance. look up a heater core that suits you in the database (gonna have to search im feeling lazy :) ) or get a fedco 3-242, autozone part 399090 (i think) which is considered one of the best rads around. i believe its less resistance than a chevette with alot greater cooling area. going with a bigger rad will always provide additional performance but at a cost of space. i dont think its a huge gain going from a 2-342 to a larger rad with current cpus.

Back