• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2ghz tbird?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmys3

Registered
Hi all i have a 1.2ghz axia tbird and am having some trouble oc it. It will post and run fine into windows at 1400 but then it locks up when I try to game or run fah. I have also had trouble with it at 1350 and right now I have had some instability at 1215!! It is not cooling as it is around 34c at idle and 41c at full load running f@h for hours on end. I am just wondering if maybe my psu is the problem. I have a antec 300w psu is that enough to get the higher cpu speeds?

I am also thinking about returning the tbird as I read the stepping chart and found out that the one I have 1.2 axia 9 is not a very good one. I am going to order a ahyja or perhaps a ayhjar stepping bird and see if that helps.

Any input is helpful.

Jimmy

I have a 1.2 AXIA 9, and I think it's doing fine. How about you gave us some more information, like MoBo,RAMs, cooler, OS, etc.?

Yeah I guess I should have posted that stuff in the first one. Here is my comp

Antec mid tower 300W psu
1.2 tbird
256 megs crucial 133 c2
msi k7t turbo
2x40 gig maxtor in raid
1 ibm 20 gig
pioneer dvd 16x
hp burner
sb live
gf2 gts 225/400

I think thats all. If you have your 1.2 upto 1440 then maybe it is ok and maybe my psu is not upto speed. What psu do you have? That is about all I can think off that could be wrong.

Jimmy

The stepping code is:

axia

That is all I remember I just looked at a list of the codes and what they mean and it seemed like the line below axia should be a letter not number for a good oc chip. It will post and get into windows at 1400 but will not run folding or any games for more than a few minutes without freezing. I am thinking psu right now is that a fair assumption?

Jimmy

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the AXIA-9's are not great overclockers. Look at the CPU database on the main page here and you can see for yourself. It is a good chip though, you just won't get a monstor O/C. Also remember that all chips are not created equal.

Yeah I think I may take this chip back and try to get a different one. I am not asking for much really. i just want a stable 1400 and I would be fine with that. I just cant seem to get it. Anyway thanks for the help and I will see about getting a new chip. hell I may just keep this one and get another one anyway since they are down to 100 or so bucks now. Get another board and I will have 2 almost 3(duron600@980) chips above the gig line. Do you think it may be the psu though. I only have a 300w would getting a 400 or higher make a difference?

JImmy

If I were you, I would take it back. I had a "9" and it barley
ran at 1.33. I exchanged it for a "Y" and it is rock solid at
1.510.( with the same settings) I actually had it post over
1.6, but had a couple of reg. errors.

I am thinking that that is what I am going to do. I bought it intown on monday and I have 15 days to return it, and seeing as the prices are falling by the minute I will have to order up a new one or two.:) Anyway thanks for the help. So it is definetely not my psu then? I will have to ask to see the stepping codes before I buy when I go back.

Jimmy

Back