• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these ps to use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TombKeeper

I was wondering which of the following 2 i should use:
Enermax 651
Enermax Whisper 465 (with thermal probe)

I already have them. I want to know which is better to use. The 651 is a little of a turn off because it's got some cables along with the 12V...don't know what they're for, but they kind of take up space in that area....The whisper 465 also has gold-plated connectors whereas the other one doesn't. The whisper 465 also has a thermal probe thing to stick inside the case.

I'm thinking the 465 would be better for noise and stuff and has a little less cable clutter (651 can be used on multi-cpu mb's and dual xeon mb...).

I'm running the following components:

2500 mobile @ 2.4-2.5 Ghz @ 1.7-1.8V
Radeon 9800 Pro
1 Enermax 92 adjustable fan - full speed
4 T.T smart fan LED
2 Arctic Cooling Blue LED fans
Abit nf7-s rev 2
2x512 Corsair PC4000 TwinX
Vantec Vortex
36 GB raptor
1 40 Gb Seagate IDe
cd-rw
floppy

I also plan on changing the northbridge and eventually changing the 40 gb seagate to something bigger....Basically, I want to run all my components and have power left over in case i want something else added in (1 more HD, VGA Cooler, and maybe a DVD-rw, northbridge cooling...that's about all).

So which will it be? I have the 651 installed now...getting 11.61-11.8V on the +12 line - depending on the o/c. The +5 line is at 4.95. Would the 465 be the same?

Last edited:
The 465 should do fine if not you can always take the 465 out and put the 651 in.

Back