• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero and CD-R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Ok i have a 52X burner and 32X media. I used to use Roxio and there was an option to allow the drive/program to choose the fastest speed the cd can burn at. How can i set Nero to do this? in the drop down menu i only see set speeds like 48,52 etc.

Thats weird it should do that automatically. If i put a 4x CD-RW in it will only give me options up to 4x Speed.
What version of Nero are you using? Are you sure it supports your burner?

First Nero i had was 5.5.9.8 and it didnt support my burner so i upgraded to a later version and it works fine. You could also try downloading Nero Updates to enable support for your burner if it is that. Try clicking "Choose Recorder" and see if it has your burner listed.

this is the nero 6 Ultra Edition where do i see Choose Recorder? im not familiar with Nero yet... and how i know if my burner is supported?

Thats the exact version i have too.
Start Nero Burning Rom, close the "New Compilation" Window then click "Recorder" from the menu at the top, and select "Choose Recorder" from the list. If your burner shows up its supported, if not you will need to download and install an update.
I only ever use Nero and Alcohol120% but i've used most of the popular burning softwares. Alcohol120% is probably the best imo, but i like to use Nero to make MultiSession Discs and stuff.

What burning software did you get with the Plextor? You got a superb burner there btw.

fac_29 said:
Thats the exact version i have too.
Start Nero Burning Rom, close the "New Compilation" Window then click "Recorder" from the menu at the top, and select "Choose Recorder" from the list. If your burner shows up its supported, if not you will need to download and install an update.
I only ever use Nero and Alcohol120% but i've used most of the popular burning softwares. Alcohol120% is probably the best imo, but i like to use Nero to make MultiSession Discs and stuff.

What burning software did you get with the Plextor? You got a superb burner there btw.

idk what i got... it wasn't anything good maybe roxio, if you want i can check. yes it does show up as supported. i also have alcohol120 :D

Back