• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New GA-7N400 Pro2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbaba

Ok just got this mobo delivered and after some horrible messing around finaly got it to work

However, I can't get my CPU to run at the right speed when using either/both the onboard jumpers or the bios. I have a barton 2500XP and it shows up as a 1100 :S

Also, when I try to boot, i get a blue screen of death for like 1/2 sec then the PC reboots itself, preventing me from reading the error!

I've looked through the Newbie guide thats linked to in almost every thread on this forum, and it hasnt helped me one bit.

So, could someone please help me with getting my CPU running at the correct speed and help solve my boot problem (even a tip on how to stop the pc insta rebooting would be nice so i can read the error)

lol ok the bios has decided to put my cpu speed right. now all i nee dis a solution to the lack of windows booting

ok gone the drastic route gona reinstall windows. gona be a farce as i have only got a home edition that boots thn gotta upgrade once thats installed lol :S

Have you gone into the advance/hidden settings (viewed by "Ctrl, F1 at your BIOS main screen) and checked everything to make sure that there is nothing, such as memory timings for example, looks out of line. You might also try using just one of your sticks of ram at a time.

Thanks for the help peeps. I went into the bios and changed the FSB to 166. I had tried this before but a couple of the jumpers were set wrong so thats why the FSB wasnt correwct :S

Was a bit miffed yesterday and couldnt think straight as i had just got the board delivered and it didnt work right away. Looking at the board the ram_led was lit and i realised i needed 2 sticks of ram so i rushed out and bought another. When i got back it stil wasnt fixed so the red haze set in lol. After running around I realised the 12V connecter wasnt plugged in lol. Thats why i was hasty on the boards yesterday.

Glad to say its all fixed now, reinstalling windows worked as usual. God knows what caused my install not to boot but its all fixed now

Thanks again peeps

Back