• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 Pro versus 9800 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

How much difference is there between the two cards???

Buddy wants me to trade one of my ATI 9700 Pro's with OCZ ram sinks and the Artic Cooling VGA Silencer and 70.00 dollars for his ATI 9800 Pro 128mb.

What do you guy's think???

Is it worth 70 bones to trade with the guy or should I just keep my 9700???

:confused:

Hookem said:
How much difference is there between the two cards???

Buddy wants me to trade one of my ATI 9700 Pro's with OCZ ram sinks and the Artic Cooling VGA Silencer and 70.00 dollars for his ATI 9800 Pro 128mb.

What do you guy's think???

Is it worth 70 bones to trade with the guy or should I just keep my 9700???

:confused:

$70 bucks seems too much. Especially if his card only has stock cooling. Maybe 35-40 bucks. I mean, the cheapest refurb 9700 pro I could find was on newegg for $133. A brand new 9800 pro can be bought for around $200, but refurbs sell for about $160-170ish.

Yeah I thought he wants to much for what seems to me not a lot.

How much better do you think the 9800 Pro is just from a performance point of view ???

I stay you stick with your card. I can almost guarentee that a 9800 Pro won't make a difference ATM. Anyways, save the money for an X800 when they are cheaper. That trade is defiently not worth it.

Hookem said:
Yeah I thought he wants to much for what seems to me not a lot.

How much better do you think the 9800 Pro is just from a performance point of view ???

Here's a link to a great video card comparison site at Tom's Hardware. Shows the FPS of A LOT of different cards on a variety of CPU's.

Wow...Thanks for the link Lejend...Anything and everything you wanted to know about just about any good video card out there.

Funny thing...He sold me his card out right for 125.00 dollars...

Go figure...

Umm keep ur 9700pro, the 9800pro really has no diff at all maybe what 10 15fps.... When ur getting already 100-80fps

Just wait and get a 9800xt or better yet a X800PRO or X800XT.

Youre friend is trying to rip you off cuss he know the 9700pro isnt much diff from his 9800.

Back