• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIS ICEQ 9800 PRO problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIN23

Registered
right , i have ny brand new card which, TBH, has given me lots of problems. I used the new cats and i tried new omegas , and seemed to be getting random bluescreens of death. I am now using the 1 but newest cats. everything seems fine.

Problem >

whilst playing a game a couple of days ago i had a sudden system crash and blue screen - tried to reboot and i was getting an error mesage that my Vcard power was not connected (the molex at the back of the card) i investigated it and found lovely scorch marks and a slighty melted red cable, the other 3 were fine..... i removed the cable which comes bundled with the card and plugged in one of my spare molex cables in my sys....

Benchmarks and games etc appear to be running fine. Normal operation has resumed, question is this.:

would you guys send this card back?!? i know its a bit of a no brainer really but its a lot of trouble to have no Vcard while its returned and a new one aquired... your opinions..

FIN23 said:
right , i have ny brand new card which, TBH, has given me lots of problems. I used the new cats and i tried new omegas , and seemed to be getting random bluescreens of death. I am now using the 1 but newest cats. everything seems fine.

Problem >

whilst playing a game a couple of days ago i had a sudden system crash and blue screen - tried to reboot and i was getting an error mesage that my Vcard power was not connected (the molex at the back of the card) i investigated it and found lovely scorch marks and a slighty melted red cable, the other 3 were fine..... i removed the cable which comes bundled with the card and plugged in one of my spare molex cables in my sys....

Benchmarks and games etc appear to be running fine. Normal operation has resumed, question is this.:

would you guys send this card back?!? i know its a bit of a no brainer really but its a lot of trouble to have no Vcard while its returned and a new one aquired... your opinions..

There may have been something wrong with that cable that was provided to you, causing it to partially melt. But then again, the card works fine now. I would give it a week or two and see how it reacts to the newly attached power cable. If the problem persists, send the sucker back, if not...make them send you another cable. But, just give it a little bit of time. ;)

Back