• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling all Photoshop Guru’s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bald Shadow

Calling all Photoshop Guru’s.

I have an image that I would like to edit but I haven’t figured out how to do it, so here goes. The image has words going across the middle of it. I would like to remove the words but keep the rest of the image intact including the back round. How can I get it done?

haha it cant just be done like that, you gotta remake the image of the text, unless its a .psd where the text was added, if it is like that you just delete the text layer, if not its gonna take a few mins to do it the other way.

ooh...ooh...ooh, don't stop there. Please continue.

Seriously though, how can it be done, exactly? What are the steps I need to take to achieve my goal.

( it's not a .psd where the text was added, it was copied with the text already on it)

hmm... first of all you need photoshop installed...whatever.. open the photo up, turn it into a layer..."doubble click it on the side (that shows layers)" itll say...background. then on the tool back find the clone too, and get to work.

"then on the tool back find the clone too, and get to work."

<Newbie Alert>
Can you explain tool back and where can i find the clone tool? :eh?:
<Newbie Alert>

Yeah I can remove the wording but the back round is not kept intact. The pattern that the back round uses make it nearly impossible to use the stamp tool. Is there another way?

Where can I find the clone tool?

Use the clone tool (looks like a rubber stamp). Press alt to sample an area that has no text and then click and "paint" with the tool. It will paint another area of the image from the point you sampled from. You will most likely have to frequently sample from areas around the text and do it a little bit at a time.

Back