• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my prescott temps to high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
hehe thought ya would see 72c or something huh?
this doesnt belong in cooling as it will contain cpu ocing tomorow.

anyhow is running specs in sig and seems prime stable so far.
evap is running -46 idle -42@load
cpu temps -23c idle and drop to -16c@load

some darn good phase change unit to hold a prescott like that!

i had a coronary setting it up the.im a complete noob at phase change and after 6 hours driving picking it up and 2 hours setup i boot into bios and see 82c! :bang head

after a frantic phone call to the seller who is a phase change genius we figured it was just the bios hated negative temps and spazzed out.
was reading negatives in mbm once i grew nads and booted it into windows.

im a complete dead man atm so all ocing is put off until tomorow.
i did a few attempts at 270fsb 1:1 and 1.5vcore and it just rebooted.
so im having a sucky mobo issues or my ram cant handle 270fsb 1:1 i dont know yet but i did try 5:4 ratio and it still died on me.so my mobo will be banged at hard tomorow.

my mobo just sux at hardcore ocing imo.
p4c800-e pls!

Attachments

• PROMMY1.jpg
    PROMMY1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 137
I put my money on the mobo as being the culprit. Those 4PCA3+'s seem to be pretty weak, well the two that I owned at least.

I say replace it with a Max3.

nice oc. push it up to 3.8 and see if it'll hold. temps are definetly not a problem for you so bump up the voltage!

I had that same CPU running at 3.8 gig on an IC7 with watercooling. I never Primed it at that speed, but I did run 3Dmark2001 and PCmark2002, plus several other benchmarks. So, I know the CPU will handle 3.8 gig. Seems like I had to use at least 1.6v.

Sophisticated said:
or better yet get a Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

I don't know, as bad as those Asus are voltage drooping nowadays, not sure how well they will work with Prescotts.

AudiMan said:
I put my money on the mobo as being the culprit. Those 4PCA3+'s seem to be pretty weak, well the two that I owned at least.

I say replace it with a Max3.
im betting mobo,its sucky worse than what you had now i bet.
vcore is limited to 1.6v
vdimm limited to 2.76v

the reason i suspect mobo is i can prime at 3.7 and i dont get an error,the whole system just blacks out and reboots.

CandymanCan- is that all u got was 3.6 ? How much did u spend on this cooling may i ask ....
no, as i stated i was dead tired.
did a few runs at 265-270fsb 3.7ghz but mobo is blowing chunks at that point.
i spent $520 and met the guy half way a 2 1/2 hour drive one way on my part.its heavily modified by bowman one of the the best phase change guy in the business.baker block and r404 and flex neck on evap and all fine tuned.

Murp Who's the girl?
i dont know is off of devientart.com wallpapers.
MysticX23 nice oc. push it up to 3.8 and see if it'll hold. temps are definetly not a problem for you so bump up the voltage!
my oc sux imo,the chip has at least 4ghz in it imo.damn you epox!
ive even ran 3.7ghz on air for benches as batboy stated he did with the chip.
its the mobo sucking now.
batboy I had that same CPU running at 3.8 gig on an IC7 with watercooling. I never Primed it at that speed, but I did run 3Dmark2001 and PCmark2002, plus several other benchmarks. So, I know the CPU will handle 3.8 gig. Seems like I had to use at least 1.6v. Quote: Originally Posted by Sophisticated or better yet get a Asus P4C800-E Deluxe I don't know, as bad as those Asus are voltage drooping nowadays, not sure how well they will work with Prescotts.
the cpu is a rock i guerentee it! it will do 4ghz no doubt in my mind.
it will be between those 2 mobo's i dont mind v-modding but the asus is easier modding wise.its just gonna come down to whats on newegg refurbs or our classifieds at the time. 3 weeks i figure.

ill be doing some more pushing my oc stuff once i wake up this morning.stay tuned as i will push this mobo past its limits and hope it combusts! i hate you epox!

"edit" i had my cpu voltage reg unsinked as it was hidden under a mosfet sink and wasnt being cooled.thats fixed now so mabey with some luck some better oc's!

Last edited:
Vcore 1.6V...

deathstar, have you tried out the vcore pin mod which can be done to Northwood P4 processors (may work for prescotts too)

I have MSI 648 Max board with Northwood 2533MHz CPU on it, Vcore is totally locked but whit pin mod I was able to get it as high as 1.7V :clap:

Back