• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling layout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teamgreen

I just about have all the parts: DD TDX, Maze4 chipset, Polarflo gpu, some reservoir, heater core, and iwaki pump.

There are two layouts I am considering:

watercool_layout_1.jpg

watercool_layout_2.jpg

What do you guys think?

Also, the tubing I have is 1/2" ID, but is really thick 13/16" OD. I'm worried about the tubing causing my video card to bend pushing it out of the socket. Same with the cpu and nb. I've heard about how small the TDX is, and how it can cause mounting problem on Athlons.

The layout doesn't really matter, you won't experience any difference between those setups. Only if your pump would produce a lot of heat (what is very unlikely) there could be a difference <0.5°C for your watertemp at the CPU.
Just apply the tubings the way it pleases you most and fit best into your case.

Last edited:
yep, those layouts accomplish the same, since the cpu is first thing cooled. I would do pump to CPU though because just b4 that it was cooled and set in resevoir...doens't really matter I guess

I'm using pump pulling from res and pushing through HC then locks. Coolest water is direcctly from the HC.

Back