• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carolinaslim

Registered
Hi was wondering if someone might be able to help me with my 9800pro. It started pixilating and artifacting at clock speeds..so i slowed it down. Under clocked it. It has finally got where it does nothing, well almost nothing..when i reboot all i bet is some colored boxes , nothing that i can tell what it is...i opened up the case and noticed the ram is hot as crap.. has the mofo just shorted itself out..are they anything i can try to revive this use to be good vc..or is it a gonner...
I noticed the fan is kinda loose..but i not sure if this could be the problem...

HELP!!!! :(

carolinaslim said:
Hi was wondering if someone might be able to help me with my 9800pro. It started pixilating and artifacting at clock speeds..so i slowed it down. Under clocked it. It has finally got where it does nothing, well almost nothing..when i reboot all i bet is some colored boxes , nothing that i can tell what it is...i opened up the case and noticed the ram is hot as crap.. has the mofo just shorted itself out..are they anything i can try to revive this use to be good vc..or is it a gonner...
I noticed the fan is kinda loose..but i not sure if this could be the problem...

HELP!!!! :(

July last year I got a 9800pro, and it ran for several months no problems. But after a reboot, I went into a game and got these 'triangle' artifacts all over the place. Went back to stock speed and still the same. Luckily my 2d was ok, so i could run the computer. Tried another graphics board in the machine, and no problems. So sent it back under an RMA. Waited for about 7weeks, but got a replacement.

So before RMA, make sure its the card, by a process of elimination.

Fish

Thanks Fish

I tried it in another computer and in it , it didnt do anything. Are they anytime limit on a card for the rma. and are they any other things i can try to get this card back up...it was a good card hate to just chuck it.

slim

Well probably just gonna rma the mofo......Hope it doesnt take 7 weeks..hehe....guess im gonna have to find me a sub while its down...thanks for the info fish

:attn:

carolinaslim said:
Thanks Fish

I tried it in another computer and in it , it didnt do anything. Are they anytime limit on a card for the rma. and are they any other things i can try to get this card back up...it was a good card hate to just chuck it.

slim

Think you'll probably have to deal through the place where you got it. Check with them. Check ATi's warranty from there site. Sorry can't offer any more advice.

Fish

Back