• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help eeking last bits out of 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tnedator

Registered
I have a Thoroughbred Rev. B 2400+ paired with an A7V333 motherboard (Rev. 1.04).

I was shooting for 166 external frequency, but I don't think my motherboard is pushing enough voltage. The max core voltage setting is 1.85 on the A7V333, which allows me to get up to 155 stable, and 158 95% stable.

I am hoping there is an easy mod to allow my motherboard to get up to 2.0 core voltage. Is this possible?

If not, can anyone recommend a low-priced motherboard that will be a good fit for this chip, that might allow me to get up to 166 x 15 = 2500 mhz @ 1.95-2.0 volts?

Thanks

Billy

Try to find an AT7-max2. It's what I have, and if I remember correctly the voltage can go up to 2.3 or some rediculously high number. I got mine for 35 bucks from dumpinggoods.com. I don't know if they have them in stock anymore, however.

Back