• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this good score?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

My system is in my signature i am running everything on stock and my 9800 pro is overclocked to 410/375 and here is the score i am getting

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2608665

my score at everything stock was 5234 something like that basically under 5500

how much do you guys think i can improve by going to a better ram ( from ddr266 to ddr400 ) and by changing processor ( 2.4 ghz non ht to 2.8 ghz ht prescott )

i am having a huge debate with a friend who is saying that i won't see much difference by changing ram and processor since 3dmark2003 is graphic intensive and not cpu intensive like 3dmark2001se

what do you people have to say ?

I think you could get about 500 more with those upgrades. It's certainly true though, that 3dmark03 is much more a GPU test than anything else, so even overhauling the rest of your system won't really show up in it.

btw, i have ddr333 set to run at ddr400 in the bios, i have also flashed my r9800pro to an xt bios, i think my mobo is nearly identical to yours to, its actually an msi board that has been flashed to think its something else (it came in a pre built computer one of my friends bought)

that 9800 is just begging to be overclocked. i think you can get to 7k if you want to

i am waiting for a better heatsink/fan right now i am using this third party cooler (iceberg chineese copy) to cool this baby down and i am able get to 410 on core with it .. i am thinking about putting a VGA Silencer over it

i checked and my memory can go upto 400 its insane :eek: :eek: just i am having problems with the core which i am sure would be solved by putting on the silencer :D

Back