• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel to AMD what about my WinXP OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YSJ

Registered
Planning on transferring to a AMD from an Intel in one of my PCs and wondering what is the best solution for my OS. From what I understand WinXp will recognize that hardware has been changed and will not boot up because of the built security feature preventing WinXP to be installed on another PC.

In light of this what is the best way solution to this project? The OS is on a 10GB partiton so would backing up all the data and doing the reinstall better than some other work around?

I didn't know which forum to post this in so I started here first.

Sophisticated said:
back up what is important then install CPU then Re Format Then Re install simple as that

Thanks for the reply concerning this question. One more thing though, should I back up all the information on the other partitions, too? Or is backing up just the info on the partition I'm going to reformat and install sufficient?

backing up what is on your windows partition is ok...you dont have to worry about the other partition as to when your reformating and re installing you wont touch the other partition so everything should be there after youve did these things

Back