• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new 120MM fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GST-97

OK, I know I had seen some posts a while back about quiet, decent CFM fans that were aluminum from enermax and some other company, but for the life of me, I couldn't find the posts in a search.

I currently have a Delta AFB1212VHE on my radiator, which is a 130CFM fan. Needless to say, it is quite loud on full speed. At half speed, the airnoise isnt too bad, but it has this constant high pitched mechanical noise that has recently started driving me nuts.

Ever since I put this shroud on my BIX radiator, I haven't needed to have the fan at full speed. I would like something fairly quiet that can still push out 75+CFM

Are there any 120mm fans out there better than the enermax aluminum frame ones in terms of airflow vs. noise level vs. vibration?

-Chris

if u can get ur hands on a panaflo fbk or a papst 120mm fan, possibly the most quiet 120mm fans u can get.

Ya, that evercool is the one I was talking about in the first place. The AL12025. For some reason I put Enermax as the name of the fan ;)

I think I shall order myself one of those then :)

Thanks,
-Chris

Thanks Mico for the link. I just ordered 2 of them. Good price compared to a lot of other sites carrying them.

Figure I will just put them on both sides of the radiator and put them on my fan controller :)

-Chris

For a quiet solution, I've fallen in love with my 120mm Vantec Stealth.

I had the 120mm Evercool before and didn't think it was that quiet. who knows

It is not necessarily the air noise that I care about, it is the mechanical noise.
And this fan is not balanced so well. It vibrates a decent amount.

My noise tolerance must be a lot higher than other people, i could care less 130CFM worth of airnoise, but it seems as though this thing is making a wierd high pitch noise that is driving me nuts.

So, 2 of these evercools on a fan controller should be just fine for me ;)
And they look cool ;)

-Chris

i have got a pair of those aluminium evercool fans, they are sweet!! at something like 40% speed theres a sweet spot where there is no mechanical noise nor air noise. The only drawback with these is the weight, no problem when using them as case fans, but if they can rip off the socket of a motherboard over a heavy hs.

As a side note, the upcoming 120mm hs from thermalright weighs roughly 300g so i guess these fans are a good option for both good cooling and silence.

Ya, the weight isnt really an issue. They are gonna be screwed into the radiator securely and attached to the case, heh.

I bet at full speed they are even quieter than this delta is with fan controller down as far as it can go ;)

As long as it is just air noise.... not this annoying noise I have now ;)

-Chris

I've seen virtually NO mechanical noise from the 2 I have, except for a low hum at full gain. Only the sound of a loud whoosh of air. To the extent they encounter the resistance of radiator plates, I imagine they will be louder than case fans.

But they should be quieter than anything else that moves this much air!

Back