• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about a A64 system by september?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
Hi, i'll probably be getting a new athlon 64 system by september 04. What do you guys think will be out by then? I'll probably have 400-600$ saved up and I need a motherboard, cpu, and better ram. I'll probably sell my ram in the meantime though. Or do you think a X800 pro would be better?

how much gaming you do? If you do a bunch and plan on playing HL2 Doom, and WoW this fall, then I would definately choose the graphics card. Your current setup should be more than enough processing power to play those games.

If you do alot of gaming, then the X800 or 6800 would be better buys. If you don't, then why isn't a 2.5ghz AXP fast enough?

That kingston hyperX you have should work just fine with an A64. If it runs 200mhz with 2.7V, then give it 3V and let it fly.

Assuming you do go for the A64, I'd get a 3200+, and whatever is the best or one of the best motherboards out.

Back