• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yeah I have THAT much airflow....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Ambush=-

....and I'm THAT stupid.

I've been trying to hotflash my DFI LanParty B back to life after I my failed L12 mod where i put the wire in the wrong slots.

Anyway I was hooking up my backup asus board to hotflash it. So I put my XP-M 2500+ w/ some AS5 and put my SP-97 on it, switch the RAM, connect all the wires and fire it up.

I get to windows just to make sure it works (Did 11x200 @1.6v right off the bat) before I hotflashed the LPb BIOS chip.

But I looked at MBM5 and saw it was at 42c and I was like, "Wtf? I have my fricken SP-97 with a tornado on it and a mobile Xp at 1.6v!! wth!!" Then I remembered I thought....."Did I put the tornado on???" I looked back at the temp and it went to 44c.

I immediatley turned off the PC and sure enough, I forgot to put the tornado on the SP-97. Needless to say the heatsink was pretty hot when I touched it.
Thank God for my 9 fans.
:D

great story, be sure to tell that one to your grandchildren. damn lucky, you are

Lmao! Damn thats funny. I had my SLK900 mounted wrong for like a month....I was like wtf is wrong with these temps?!!??! They suck! My 2500 is at stock and its at 48*!? WTF!?

Hehehe, I had my heatsink improperly installed the first time I put my brand new 2700+ in. Man was that scary, I thought I fried my new 2700+. I was lucky. :)

I had hot glue drip behind my heatsink once and fry my processor.

With that kind of HS it takes time to fry a cpu. I once by accident got a wire into my cpufan which ofc stoped it. After an hour of WarCraft III my computer reboots and I was like "wtf" and then I used my brain and found the problem.

Just another story to add to the list ;)

lol
I did a mod on my ti4600 about 2 weeks ago, and I dug out an old P4 heatsink and put a Smart Fan 2 on top. I turned the PC on, benchmarked with 3DMark 03 and WTF?! The fps was so low, and there were artifacts all over. I open my case, touch the heatsink, burn my hand, and then I see I forgot to plug in the SF2. Yeah that's funny lol

termin@tor said:
lol
I did a mod on my ti4600 about 2 weeks ago, and I dug out an old P4 heatsink and put a Smart Fan 2 on top. I turned the PC on, benchmarked with 3DMark 03 and WTF?! The fps was so low, and there were artifacts all over. I open my case, touch the heatsink, burn my hand, and then I see I forgot to plug in the SF2. Yeah that's funny lol

:bang head i hope it still works? :)

Yeah ive done that. But i didnt notice that it was off. Got to 80°c and then crashed. Ive done it about 4 times. Once deliberatly to see how long it could last.

Abotu 180 seconds.

I have done that a few times myself. But looking I have it set to shutdown when the CPU gets to 151 F. But I could have fried an egg on it.

how did you not notice your tornado wasnt on? that just seems odd...or was it on and just not on the heatsink?

my cpu runs about 49 load with my fans going...thats a nice heatsink, and it would take a bit to fry the chip.

Back