• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is Micron RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Type911

Registered
Hi,

My first post here :D

I just landed myself a relatively cheap PAIR of 1Gb Micron PC2700 Registered ECC DDR RAM (what a mouthful), which I intend to use in my new (to me) AMD Dually system, based on a pair of XP Mobile 2600's.

Now, I really don't have a clue as to what's the good name brands out there. I typically stick to Corsair or Kingston, but decided to spring for these since they were quite cheap :)

So, what can anyone tell me about Micron RAM? Good quality stuff? Good for OC'ing?

I guess they won't really be OC'd because these are rated at DDR333 (166MHz FSB) and since my iWill MPX2 mobo runs at 133MHz FSB (DDR266) standard, it will be overclocked to ~166 FSB to match this set of Micron sticks ;)

ecc stuff is generally for servers and not real good for overclocking.the newer pc3200 chips overclock very well. they are used in the ocz eb series....

Hmm, duno about the old stuff. No one can tell you how well they will do until you try it :) They should run in stock though, and its not a bad jump is it? :)

~t0m

Back