• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This WC newbie needs your comments

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

invisible hand

I've decided to Water cool the rig in my sig, but I'm new to WCing and I don't know much about the best parts... so please help.

Please comment on the following parts I plan on getting. Prices are in Canadian $'s

190662 HYDOR L30 CENTRIFUGAL PUMP 1/2 INCH OD FITTINGS $69.95

190688 HARDWARE LABS BLACK ICE XTREME REV.2 120MM RADIATOR 1/2 INCH FITTINGS - BLACK $89.95

190948 GENERIC UV BLUE 5.25 INCH ACRYLIC BAY RESERVOIR - 1/2 INCH FITTINGS $39.95

190501 FLEXTUBING CLEARFLEX 60 1/2" PREMIUM PVC TUBING 1/2"ID/3/4"OD/1/8"WALL - 1 FOOT $2.49

190925 PANAFLO 120MM X 38MM HYDRO-WAVE BEARING CASE FAN - MEDIUM SPEED $21.95

190666 DANGER DEN MAZE4 GPU 1/2 INCH CHROME FITTINGS - BLACK

I also will be getting a DangerDen TDX water block for my CPU. What other parts will I need (i.e. fittings and clamps etc.)

Will I have trouble fitting all this stuff in a Lian Li PC-65?

Thanks for your help :)

if ur going with the tdx, i'd suggest getting a stronger pump, like the mag 3 or mcw600. The D4 from DD is also good, but i don't know much about it.
it should fit snug, might need some modifications to make it look nice.
u'll need clamps and coolant, and fittings for ur pump if u decide to go with a different one that doesn't have fittings.

I'm sure it will all fit in that case. My Coolermaster PAC-T01 is about the same size and I'm trying to fit a Caprice HC and 3 blocks in it.

you will need at least 4' of tubing. i would recommend getting 6'

swiftech makes the mcp600. it runs off your powersupply. it has more head than the L30, so it is better, but it costs around $70+. the mag 3 has more head than the current pump you have, but its around $45. the pump you have might be fine, but i would think about upgrading to a mag3 since you have 2 blocks.

edit: all prices in US dollars ;)

Well I found a swiftech MCP600 water pump nearby for $99 Can. so I guess I'll get that.

Also, should I go for a Chevette Heater core instead of the HARDWARE LABS BLACK ICE XTREME? The chevette core is more than $30 dollars less @ $56.

Does the Chevette core come with barbs or do I need to fit them?

If you get a Chevette HC, you're going to have to do some mods yourself. It's also considerably larger than a BIX. You might want to check out the JR-120 at www.dtekcustoms.com. It's only slightly larger than the BIX, and it cools much better. Make sure to measure clearances in your case, though. Good choice on the MCP600, too. I've got one, and it's a beast...a very silent beast. If you end up ordering from Dtek, the AquaXtreme pump is identical in every way except paint to the MCP600, so you could save some on shipping.

Back