• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cd burner and windows media player problems, plz help!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

ok well the computer in my sig is having problems. The cd burner, which is an iomagic 52x by whatever internal cd burner, will read like game discs like starcraft, but when it reads audio cds, sound doesnt come out. Like it plays fine but you cant hear anything, i checked the volume ,the speakers, everything. SO then i put the cd into my dvd rom drive and it works fine.

the next problem is, when i open up nero or nti cd maker plus to try and burn something, it says no burner recognized. So i check the device manager and everythings fine. It says device is working properly. But no burning software will recognize it.

the next problem is with windows media player. When i put in an audio cd (both the dvd rom drive, and cd burner) its about to read the cd then it says

"an error was encountered trying to play the cd in digital mode, click ok, then go to tools then options then devices, then properties to switch it to analog mode"

so then i click ok, then i go to tools, options, then devices, i click on properties, right as i click properties, the box pops up and then goes away instantly, like i see it then its gone. Why does it do that? real media player and the windows cd player will read the cds fine, but real media player runs so slow. How can i fix that digital to analog thing? ive tried both version 8 and 9 and its the same thing.

ok the problems are:

1. Cant hear the audio when cd is playing the in cd burner

2. burning software will not recognize the burner

3. windows media player wont let me play the cd, or access the device properties

thanx in advance

my dad said if i cant fix this problem then i am not good enough to build my computer, even though there are hundreds of how to build a pc guides and there are no how to fix stupid cd burner problems. SO ya the faster i can get this fixed, the faster i can get my computer

Pretty rough comments w/ the dad. I'm no computer expert either, but I can build a better computer than a majority of the peopleI know, even though I have problems evrey now and then.

Anyways, I dont see your sig.... but that's an interesting problem. Do you have your CD-rom drive connected to your motherboard with that (i think it's a 4 pin?) cable that's to the left of the IDE connector, if you are looking at your cd-rom drive from the back. That's probably not it though, because mine (LG GCC-4120B) works fine by just connecting it to the IDE port on the mobo. Do you have the right drivers installed? Make sure you download drivers from Iomega's site, dont just use the drivers that windows comes with.
Concerning the Windows media player error...
the next problem is with windows media player. When i put in an audio cd (both the dvd rom drive, and cd burner)
So WMP cant play stuff from both your cd-rom and your dvd rom? What version of WMP do you have? What version of windows do you have?
Yeah I cant really think of anything to do that might fix that. But you should give us a little bit more information (unless I missed some info somewhere in your post), about your version of windows, media player, and which drivers you are using for the burner. Good luck, and I hope you can get this resolved.

- Awperator

well the burners and everything was working a while ago (maybe 2 months ago) but it some how got messed up, must have dled/installed something but the norton virus scanner doesnt pick it up, same with adaware and spy bot, so i doubt its anything onthe inside of the computer

and i tried to dl the newest driver for the burner at iomagics site but whenever i try to open it (its an exe file) it says cannot load dynamic library

i am using wmp v 9 right now, but i have tried 8 also and it gets the same error. Im running windows 98se. the burners drivers are like kgc (the updated driver file is kuc)

my specs are

500mhz, tnt 2 model 64 (16mb vid card) and 368mb ram

Back