• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage too high, won't go lower on k7n2-delta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Esahki

Registered
VCore out of control, BIOS settings ineffective.

I've been running my xp1900 at 166x11.5 for the past few weeks. I went ahead and tried to push it to 200fsb and lower the multiplier to 8. I couldn't keep it stable there. Since then, my VCore is always at 1.85, no matter what I try to set it at. I've tried manually setting it lower, and using the default H/W voltage. This voltage is too high (the maximum my BIOS even allows is 1.80), and my CPU temp gets so hot that sometimes I lock up now even minorly overclocked (usually when running Far Cry). This never happened before. Is there any way to fix the voltage? Is this a power supply, board, or CPU problem? I'm running an MSI k7n2-delta, antec true430 psu, and an xp1900 (JIUHB).

Last edited:
Ive got same mobo as u. Make sure u have up to date BIOS. Use MSI Live Update 3, and see if you have the latest BIOS.

Back