• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I install NB or SB Heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Free_Loader

I am currently running a Raid 0 configuration for my two SATA 80G Seagate Barracudas on my Asus P4P800 Deluxe. I saw a tidbit about possibly needing a SB Heatsink but I would still like to know more. Nothing on the SB. Right now I am running a stock ASUS NB heatsink which does seem to get hot to the touch. My FSB is at 250 and I can't get it to budge.

By improving on what is there, will I in turn recieve better performance in any way, shape, or form?

Any bits of information on this would be greatly appreciated!

NB: You may see a gain in your FSB OC or a slight improvment in system stability, especially stability issues relating to memory.
SB: You may see a slight improvement in system stability, especially stability issues relating to the PCI, AGP, and IDE bus's, and on nForce boards you may also see a slight improvement in your onboard audio.

The NB will like the cooler temps in which you might be able oc it a bit more just like Radar said. I thought NB was agp, but w/e :)

what would be a good SB/NB cooler? i was looking at the thermalright NB-1, but 34 dba or whatever is too much for a NB cooler for me. what do you guys recommend thats reasonably priced (the swiftech is nice, but too much). also, what do you recommend for SB?

yea u could...the southbridge doesn't have any clips to hold it down so you need to use artic silver adhesive or artic alumina adhesive...or some sort of thermal epoxy.....i recommend artic silver adhesive......

Back