• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trade in your old video card for credit on a new one!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RADEON 9800 XT 256MB AGP $449.00 USD
ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO 128MB AGP $349.00 USD
RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB AGP $199.00 USD

so you can trade in a 9800 Pro and get 199 dollars worth of credit? that seems like a really good deal to me... i wish my 9600Pro were included :(

Hrmm this dosnt look like a good deal at all, I mean you send them your old videocard no matter what it is and they still charge you $199 for a Radeon 9800 Pro :eek:. I would rather keep my old card since you can find that card for the price or cheaper around online.

stan03 said:
RADEON 9800 XT 256MB AGP $449.00 USD
ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO 128MB AGP $349.00 USD
RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB AGP $199.00 USD

so you can trade in a 9800 Pro and get 199 dollars worth of credit? that seems like a really good deal to me... i wish my 9600Pro were included :(

No that is how much that videocard would cost when you trade in whatever old card you have lieing around. If what you were saying is true you could trade in your 9800 XT and get a x800pro and $50 from ATI :) . I somehow dont think that is the deal...

I think you guys might be reading it wrong... check out their pricing for the same cards without trade-ins.....Doesn't it look like they're showing you the price for that card if you trade-in some other card?

Heck, i got a old card lying around here worth $10 cdn if even that...That would save me some money i guess...but then shipping may increase the price to what i'd get it for in a store here.....

Ad Rock said:
No that is how much that videocard would cost when you trade in whatever old card you have lieing around. If what you were saying is true you could trade in your 9800 XT and get a x800pro and $50 from ATI :) . I somehow dont think that is the deal...

i thought that deal would be too good too, but saying that you could trade in your card and have to pay 199 for a 9800Pro is rediculous... i could get one off of newegg for a little more than 200 and still keep my 9600... im confused :confused:

Ya I believe last time they had this trade-in program it really wasnt worth it even if you traded in an old $2 videocard that you found lieing around. Plus you have to give them that $50 security deposit (which you get back) so it really is not that great of deal at all.

I would hate to ship out my 9800 pro for an exchange and have some UPS guy break the thing. Now you are out $200 without the X800 :eek:
Knowing my luck, this is the case. I would rather sell it in classifieds for $10 less, avoid shipping and THEN by the card. thats just me.

Guys your old card is a trade in credit . read it carefully. in otherwords they are gixing u $50 for your old card. so last year when u paid lets say $ 400 for it . its only worth $50 to them now lol.. THEY ARE NUTS. I wouldnt eve trade my 9500 Pro in for $50 bucks .

Last edited:
Has anybody heard of Ebay? I think I can get a lot more for my old card than they're offering. That's what i do with mine.

Edit: Maybe I'll snag that ol' TNT64 back from my brother!

Bla...... you dont trade in your 9800pro or 9600 or cards you think are worth more then $50 if you sold them.... this is for OLD cards (well you could trade in new cards but then you would be insane or really rich and not care about money).............. you are reading it wrong.

If you look on their site for a 9800pro it cost $249.95 (sure you can find it cheaper but people do buy from them anyways). With this program for the same card you will pay $199(promo price)+$50(trade it credit) for a total of $249. But once you send them your old card they will credit the $50 to your credit card so the price is just $199. Its not that great of a deal unless you really wont a card from ATI, some people feel better when they buy it from the maker. But if you look at newegg.com right now the retail ATI card is $222 so I guess you would save a few bucks.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-286&depa=0

Last edited:
I saw that trade in program a long time ago and all I can say is what I rip off. Your better off selling your card and then buying a new one from newegg or something. There is also the partial trade deal if someone needs a low end card for there moms computer and just happens to have a spare 9800XT;).

Nightingale said:
I saw that trade in program a long time ago and all I can say is what I rip off. Your better off selling your card

Its not the best deal in the world, but I would not say its a rip off. I have a old ati radeon (before they even used numbers) or old voodoo2 cards in a box somewhere. Who the hell is going to buy those cards? this way I can get $50 credit for one if I bought an new card from them 9800pro ($199 is not a bad price for a ratail one). But I guess some people in here just dont get or see this as a deal. Due to the fact most people in here have pretty good cards or dont mind looking around and waiting for the best deals.

its only a deal if you trade in a worthless card. you dont trade in your 9800 pro to get an xt, you still only get 50.00

What is the ATI trade-up program?
ATI's trade-up program is a way in which a customer who has an old ATI board that is no longer supported, and those users who have a different brand of graphic card, can upgrade to currently supported ATI technology.
Who can participate in this program?
Any resident of the United States of America or Canada, who has an ATI or another manufactures graphics board, and who have a valid credit card number.

EvilCow123 said:
well not really, if you send your 9800pro in for a xt then yeah, you got taken, but if you send in your 2 mb pci non working vid card worth 3 cents and you get a 9800 pro for 149.00 thats a hard deal to beat.

Back