• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice on a dead 1.33

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TweaK-FreaK

Registered
I now own what I think is a dead 1.33 athlon (OEM). Is it possible to maybe get a replacement from amd? THe company I bought it from has a 1 YEAR warranty on it and I"ve owned it for 2 weeks and when I tried to RMA it they think I overclocked it and are still in the process of getting me an RMA #. Which I know is going to get turned down. I told them I thought the cpu was DOA. So any chance of amd replacing it?

Call and try.
How can the company you bought it from refuse a rma because they think you did something.
Maybe they think you ran it over with your car as well :)

Did you but it from the psycic network?

Last edited:
What vendor did you buy it from? I would really like to know so not to order from them ever.

I just ordered an OEM as well with 1 year warnt. for 121 bucks and I hope it's not dead like urs, it was from fticomputer.com.

AMD Athlon Socket A 1.4GHz (266Mhz FSB) CPU (No Heatsink/Fan) - OEM Y Stepping AYHJA - 1 yr warranty

Last edited:
I just bought that same one from FTI Computer. I ordered it Wednesday and it arrived Thursday. I even ordered 3rd day shipping. That was pretty damn cool. :) In any case, I called them and asked them and they said they covered everything except for the core cracking. They even cover burning the chip up if you tell them you used an AMD approved heatsink.

from componentsdirect.com..............it seemed like such a good deal....well their customer service blows goats.......I wish I could sue their ***.....but anywho.....don't buy anything from them.....their outta california I think....

Damn, I'll be REALLY ****ed if my cpu is dead, I ordered mine wed as well, the 15th, but it hasn't arrived yet, I don't care bout arrival though as long as its in 1 piece and working, I'd be SO SO MAD, did you try calling FedEx or whoever shipped it? I think they have inssurence for that, tell them it was 100% thier fault and that the vender you bought it from says it's their fault and you can't take anymore of this bs and want your money back, it could work.

Damn this really sucks, if I land in ur boat they will be in a world of pain, I'll make them suffer so bad.

Back